Recreation Assistant- Full Time - $500 SIGN ON BONUS
Are you someone who loves working with Seniors and Veterans? Are you compassionate and have a heart for helping people? If this is you, then the Recreation Assistant job at Falcons Landing is for you!
Our Seniors and Veterans are looking for friends and companions to help them enjoy their daily routines and live life to the fullest. The Recreation Assistant will assist in the coordination and implementation of recreational and enjoyable activities for our residents; to include group, One on One program, and community outreach programs. Activities can include but are not limited to, exercise, arts & crafts, indoor gardening, outdoor activities, staff-led baking demos, cognitive games, reminisce, spiritual programs, and sensory activities. The Recreation Assistant also assists in creating, planning, and leading the weekly calendar of events. This position will also provide/assist with transportation for residents to outings and outdoor events (post Covid-19 restrictions).
Falcons Landing is a Military Retirement Officers Community located west of Washington, DC in beautiful Potomac Falls, Northern Virginia. We are the Leading Age 2021 Workplace Excellence Award Winner!
Our Recreation Assistant must have;
· Highschool diploma
· Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills and possess the ability to explain activities to large groups and individuals with different capabilities
· Creativity, Drive and Compassion
· Previous experience working with Seniors and/or persons with Dementia or other memory disorders is desirable.
· Must be available to work weekends and holidays
We offer our Team Members;
Competitive salary with new increased pay rates , rotating weekends & eight (8) paid holidays, Company paid Life insurance, Retirement Plan with company match, Discounted employee meals, 14 days of Paid Time Off and personal days, tuition reimbursement assistance, student scholarships. Our excellent Health and Wellness programs that include; health, dental and vision insurance, Short Term disability & Long-Term disability among others.
Falcons Landing provides a safe working environment for all residents and staff.
· Virtual interview process
· Personal protective equipment provided and required to all employees
· Temperature screenings
· CDC protocols and guidelines in place
· Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
· Covid test required upon hiring
· ** Covid19 vaccine is required to all staff
Come and be a part of our team!
Apply today at www.falconslanding.org or send us your resume to email@example.com
Falcons Landing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.