April is National Stress Awareness Month and has been recognized every year since 1992. According to the American Institute of Stress, 77% of people experience stress which eventually impacts their physical health, so this month is a great reminder to destress and enjoy life.
Here at Falcons Landing, we’re committed to helping our residents leave the hassle behind so you can make the most of retirement. Here are 10 ways enjoy the low-stress, healthy lifestyle:
1. Access to quality health care: The Johnson Center at Falcons Landing was recognized as a 2021-2022 Best Nursing Home by U.S. News & World Report. You can rest assured knowing that we have licensed nurses and certified nursing assistants to provide care 24 hours a day, certified specialists, and a wide variety of healthcare services right on campus.
2. Top-class facilities: It’s a joy to live at Falcons Landing in our luxury apartments and cottages, with access to quality facilities and amenities. Live hassle-free with weekly housekeeping, a state-of-the-art fitness center, campus-wide high-speed internet, basic cable TV, room service and more.
3. Continuing care services: As your needs change, our staff will be there to cater to you. We provide short-term rehabilitation for injuries, illnesses and surgery, skilled nursing for 24-hour care and memory care for those with Alzheimer's and dementia-related illnesses.
4. Beautiful surroundings: Tips for stress management often recommend spending time in nature to improve one’s mood. Here you can enjoy beautifully landscaped outdoor areas with large patios, gardens and walking paths. Falcons Landing has walking groups that find themselves strolling along the nearby Potomac River.
5. Safe and secure: Our gated community is equipped with 24-hour security to ensure that you feel safe no matter where you go on campus.
6. Maintenance free: When we say maintenance-free living, that’s exactly what we mean. You don’t ever have to worry about repairs and fixes. From routine checks to emergency cases, leave it to us.
7. Prepared meals: Regain time that would otherwise be spent cooking and enjoy 3 chef-prepared meals daily in our beautiful dining rooms. You also have the option to visit any of our 3 restaurants on campus for a taste of resort-style favorites and innovative cuisine.
8. Wide range of activities: We have a robust activities calendar with something to fit everyone’s interests. Partake in activities that help you to feel good, stay active and eliminate stress.
9. Pastoral care: For those interested, we have an on-site chapel for pastoral care and weekly services.
10. Spa facilities: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or feeling tense after a workout, you can treat yourself to our full-service salon and massage therapy.
Join us at Falcons Landing to enjoy the retirement you deserve! Contact us to learn more.