Falcons Landing/ Johnson Center is looking for a Registered Nurse(Treatment Nurse)to care for our residents in Long Term Care and facilitate their speedy recovery. You will be responsible for evaluating and managing residents with wounds caused by disease, accidents, or surgical incisions. Will treat any skin infections or conditions as directed by the attending physician. The ideal candidate will be a responsible and well-trained professional able to give the best nursing care with little supervision.
Falcons Landing is a Military Retirement Officers Community located west of Washington, DC in beautiful Sterling, Northern Virginia.
1. Performs routine rounds on all residents who have pressure ulcers/wounds and residents with high risk potential for impaired skin integrity
2. Assists in delivery of resident care to accomplish wound care assessment, intervention, treatment and evaluation.
3. Conducts comprehensive skin/wound assessments on all new admissions, re-admissions, and high-risk residents.
4. Identifies and prioritizes the need for further assessment based on the resident’s clinical presentation/diagnosis.
5. Initiates and updates resident care plans for skin/wound care as needed
6. Provides wound treatment in accordance with physician orders and facility procedures.
7. Informs physician of changes to resident’s wound condition and obtains treatment orders.
8. Communicates with charge nurses about condition of residents when needed.
9. Obtains cultures to assess wounds and injuries.
10. Assists with admissions assessments and documentation procedures as needed.
11. Conducts routine inventory on medication, skin care supplies and equipment needed for resident with identified need for precautions. Reorders supplies when inventory is low.
12. Educates and counsels residents and their families on wound care prevention and treatment.
13. Conducts monthly infection control rounds.
14. Conducts training sessions to ensure compliance with infection control practices.
15. Tracks rates and types of infections through surveillance systems and reports information to the DON.
16. Investigates and follows up incidents of infection and reports outbreaks to the DON.
17. Monitors the execution of preventive measures and provides guidance to staffs
18. Reporting infection outbreaks to the Director of Nursing.
19. Provides education on and demonstration of wound care procedures and infection control practices to other care givers.
20. Prepares wound and infection control reports as directed by the DON. Participates in quality assurance activities related to wound care and infection control
What you need:
What we offer:
***Currently offering a $2,000- Sign on Bonus***
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, rotating weekends & paid holidays. Our excellent benefits include; health, dental and vision insurance, Company paid Life insurance, Retirement Plan with company match, Discounted employee meals, Paid Time Off and personal days, tuition reimbursement, employee & employee's child scholarships, Short Term disability & Long-Term disability among others. Falcons Landing provides a safe working environment for all residents and staff
Join our team! Falcons Landing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time