Administrative Assistant - Facilities department (Full time)
Falcons Landing is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and talented Administrative Assistant for our Facilities department. This position works under the leadership of a Director of Facilities and works with a staff of maintenance mechanics, painters, and utility team members.
Falcons Landing is a Life Plan Retirement Community located west of Washington, DC in Loudoun County, Northern Virginia. We are a first-class Life Plan Community, privately held not-for-profit organization which provides an outstanding and caring work environment. Falcons Landing has a wonderful combination of residential homes, spacious apartments and three high class healthcare residences.
- Perform administrative duties for the purpose of assisting the department Director
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, vendors, and contractors both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of work orders systems and creating/generating work order reports
- Monitor inventory levels
- Assist with preparation for purchasing of material, supplies and equipment
- Knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Proficient in relevant computer applications
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures
- Previous experience in a maintenance office setting preferred
- Excellent customer service skills. Able to manage high volume calls and requests
- Experience using WorxHub work order system or similar system preferred
- Experience with services agreement and vendor contracts a plus
- Must be able to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Able to manage challenging situations calmly and professionally
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years as an administrative assistant. Experience working in a maintenance shop desired
- Wage starting at $22.00 per hour
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness and AD&D
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Life Insurance
- Personal Days
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee and employee’s child scholarship
All new hires are subject to COVID rapid test upon hire.
If you would like to become a part of our team, please apply here, or visit our website at www.falconslanding.org.
Falcons Landing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protested class.